The trademark is a unique mark, which applies to the products or services that the company offers. It assists in easy recognition of the company products in the market and creates a brand value for customers. The trademark registration is a legal process under the Ministry of Corporate Affairs (MCA). Hence, company owners have to apply for certification by filing the company registration form online or offline, to the MCA portal. After registering, the trademark registrar receives the application. His role is the scrutiny of the way for deciding its final publishing.
However, 50% of the forms face rejection due to a large number of trademark objections. Hence, to place your trademark in the trademark journal, managing trademark objection by legal firm is preferable. It will efficiently reduce the chances of errors or complaints.
The Reason for Trademark Objection
For the management of the trademark objects, it is essential to under the cause of objection. Some of the prominent reasons are as follows:
- When the business owners attempt to fill the form on their own, the chances of error is very high. The process of trademark filing requires advance skills; hence it is advisable to take the assistance of a prestigious legal firm.
- As the name suggests, the trademark is a mark for a specific trade. Hence, before filing the application form, the owner should be sure about the trade specifics. The specification of the goods and services is very crucial for the registration process.
- Before applying, the company owner should search online for the availability of any similar trademark. In case there is an existing similar trademark, then your application will be void.
- In the absence of a distinct character or a unique feature of the trademark, it can become the reason for trademark objection.
- The registrar entertains no form of discrepancy. Tweaking a little of an already established trademark to bask on its success, may lead to total rejection of the application.
- Any other wrong details in the application form can also become the reason for objecting. Hence, it's better to reassure before the form submission.
Avoiding the given situations can be difficult when the company owner handles the form along with other relevant sections of the business. Hence, it is advisable to manage the trademark application with the assistance of big and reasonable legal firm.
School Block, Shakarpur
East Delhi, Delhi 110092
Call/WhatsApp : +91-8800-100-281, 98100-45265